- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup whole blanched almonds
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, egg, almond and vanilla extracts.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add to the wet mixture and beat just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats (or lightly grease them.)
- Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping the remainder refrigerated, roll a heaping teaspoonful of dough into a finger shape for each cookie. Press an almond firmly into 1 end for the nail.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Decorate With red decorator gel to create a gross witch finger With blood.